Instead of trying to give up something that is deemed bad for you, we have compiled a list of things that you should try in the Cotswolds in 2015!
- JOIN A GYM OR FITNESS CLASS - Are you looking to shed the festive bulge? The Cotswolds is full of wonderful gyms and personal trainers. Stone Barn Fitness in Kingham has some fantastic membership offers while if you prefer group exercise we highly recommend a circuit or kettlebell class from Sam Keen.
- WATCH A GIG AT THE CONVENT - The Convent in Stroud isn't just a private members club, a wonderful restaurant and a boutique hotel but it offers an exciting programme of live music and literary events in The Chapel that in their words will "blow your socks off"! In February former Seahorses front man Chris Helme takes to the stage!
- GO TO CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL - Every year in March, the Cotswolds is taken over by the buzz of the Cheltenham National Hunt Festival. One of the highlights in the nations sporting calendars and it is right on our doorstep!
- GO ON A BIKE RIDE - The Cotswolds are beautiful to drive and walk around yet you get to see lots more on the saddle of a bike. May celebrates the 25th anniversary of the British heart Foundation Cotswolds Bike Ride. Choose between the 30 or 50 mile routes. Sign up today!
- ENJOY AN OUTSIDE GIG - We are very lucky to have Westonbirt Aboretum on our doorstep and their summer "forest live" gigs are fantastic events. In June they welcome Tom Odell, the man behind the 2014 John Lewis Christmas advert song.
- GO TO THE BEACH - Summer wouldn't be the same without a visit to the beach! Cotswold Country Park near Cirencester givs you that opportunity. A great place to relax in the sun!
- HOT AIR BALLOON OVER THE COTSWOLDS - We have all seen the Cotswolds from the ground but how many of you have seen it from the sky? Cotswold Balloon Safaris offer morning or evening flights from a range of Cotswold locations.
- RUN A MARATHON - Even if you are like us and don't really enjoy the running part of fitness you will still feel a huge sense of achievement when you complete your first 5k, 10k or half marathon. There are lots to choose from in the Cotswolds! The atmosphere at the Cheltenham Half in 2014 was fantastic so why not sign up for the 2015 race?
- VISIT A MUSEUM - Did you know that the Cotswolds is full of fantastic museums? We highly recommend The Corinium Museum in Cirencester, The Cotswold Cricket Museum in Stow, Museum in the Park, Stroud and The Wilson Art Gallery & Museum in Cheltenham.
- GROW A MOUSTACHE - Every year in November thousands of man don a mo of all shapes and sizes to raise money and awareness to men's health programmes. uk.movember.com
- TOUR OF THE COTSWOLDS DISTILLERY - Let expert guides will take you on a gin and whisky making journey. Learn the craft of creating our fine spirits before enjoying a tasting and perhaps treating yourself to a bottle to enjoy over Christmas!
IF THAT ISN'T ENOUGH THEN WHY NOT..
- WATCH A PLAY AT THE EVERYMAN THEATRE - After a £3m makeover the Everyman Theartre is one of the biggest gems in the Cotswolds. The are lots of great shows throughout 2015 from The History Boys to Shakespear's King Lear.
- TACKLE THE DEVIL MUD RUN - The Devil Mud Run takes place in February and is a hardcore, hilly 8 km course featuring over 31 obstacles and gives you the chance, if you have it in you, to run around, and enjoy, the Cotswolds countryside!
- WATCH A GLOUCESTER RUGBY MATCH IN THE SHED - On certain match days The Shed at Kingsholm is the best place to watch rugby. The noise generated at a Jonny May try or at a mistake by the opposition is superb.